Friday Night DRL -drone racing lights
New Location:5050 Acorn St.
Houston, TX 77092 United States + Google Map
Food and Drink Available
DRONE NIGHT RACE: (40 Pilot Limit)
7:00 pm - Pilot check in
7:45 pm - Safety talk and track walk
8:00 pm - Event begins Following Announcements
11:30 pm - Approximate time of Finals and Awards
FUN FLY EVENT
This FUN FLY event will be run like an “Open Practice” session where each heat will be 2 minutes long with a 3 minute retrieval and next heat set up all night long! There will be a line of chairs for each of the established VTX channels and as each pilot is “Ready to Fly” they will get in the line for their selected channel and fly when they are up. So if you have multiple quads on different channels there will be no need to change them as you can fly in any open spot you choose. This should allow each pilot to fly this course many times throughout the night.
We will have food and beverages available (including BEER!) as well as live music for spectators and pilots with the exception of alcohol (pilots will not be allowed to consume alcohol while flying).
We are anticipating that there will be many spectators for this event so having LED’s on your quad are not required, but HIGHLY recommended as we want to light up the nights sky with our awesome quads! We are also hosting the Rotor Riot Kwad Camp that same Saturday so come on down and hang out with the guys! Even if you choose not to fly, this will be a Drone Racing event you do not want to miss.
There is plenty of grass seating, so bring your chairs or blankets and eat some great BBQ and drink a few cold ones while you watch the live action! This will be a fun event for the entire family and we even have a secured play area for the little ones! So if you have been wanting to get the wife, significant other, kids or even a family member interested in drone racing, this will be the evet for your you, so come one come all and come “Ready to Fly”!
DRONENIGHT RACE RULES:
- FAA Drone Registration Required - Register Here
- Max Size: 5" quad with 4S battery.
- Highly Recommended to have LED's on Quad
- Maximum 25mw VTX output
- No Dipole Antennas
- Once the race heat is complete please proceed immediately to the designated landing area (no freestyle or free flying) NOTE: We will have spectators therefore this rule will be strictly enforced
- This is set up as a "FUN FLY" race therefore if you hit a gate or loose control please do not try to save it and keep it in air, immediately disarm the quad.
- "DO NOT" attempt to enter the race area until an "ALL CLEAR" has been given. If your quad does not arm and the race has already started please wait until the heat is over before retrieving your quad.
- Do not plug in your quad at any time while a heat is in progress.
- Pilots will be given an event wrist band and will not be allowed to consume alcohol
Register Here (40 Pilots Max): $25.00